Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Write a 500-word essay in response to each topic you choose.
1. “My reference to ‘Western feminism’ is by no means intended to imply that it is a monolith,” writes Mohanty. Does Mohanty avoid the trap of generalizing about a group, the very thing she is critiquing with regard to Western Feminists? Be as specific as possible in your response.
2. How does Rupp characterize international organizing among women prior to 1945? From where did these organizations derive their membership? Be as specific as possible in your response.
3. Discuss three of Mohanty’s concerns regarding the representation of “Third World” women. Be as specific as possible in your response.
4. According to Rupp, what were some of the conditions within feminist organizations that discouraged genuine internationalism? What circumstances promoted solidarity across cultures? What were some of the forces that made organizing across national borders a challenge? Be as specific as possible in your response.
5. What does Lorde mean when she says, “the master’s tools will never dismantle the master’s house”? Why do you think she uses the word dismantle instead of destroy, wreck, or knock down? Be as specific as possible in your response.
6. “Difference is that raw and powerful connection from which our personal power is forged,” writes Lorde. What do you thinks she means by this? Be as specific as possible in your response.
7. Rich attacks the notion that women, by their femaleness, are necessarily aligned with each other. Elaborate on this argument, providing specific examples supporting Rich’s position.
The post ‘Western feminism’ first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.