Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Environment Evaluation. Due by Day 7. The child care facility environment will influence child–child, child–adult, and child–material interactions. Every aspect of the facility’s design deserves attention. The building, playgrounds, and learning materials and equipment that teachers and caregivers use in their work with children must, above all, be safe and in good repair. When selecting furnishings, materials, and equipment, care should be taken to make the environment convenient, beautiful, and full of interesting and sometimes unexpected details. The learning environment has a significant impact on the quality of children’s experiences in the program and requires purposeful planning and evaluation. Additionally, learning extends from the classroom into the outdoors. For that reason, creating and evaluating outdoor environments require an equal amount of consideration. Playground equipment and arrangement must, above all, be safe. When carefully planned and constructed, playgrounds have the opportunity to enhance children’s learning across many developmental domains in unique ways.
For this assignment, please read Chapter 6 of the text and, using the program you have committed to for this course, pick one infant, toddler, or preschooler classroom and
- Review the environment, with attention to the following: (Reviewing pictures of the facility is an option if you are unable to physically do so)
- The use of color
- The use of natural and artificial light
- The perception of clutter
- Wall coverings used
- Floor covering(s) used
- Types of learning centers available
- Materials available in learning centers
- Write a one-to two-page narrative that addresses
- Three recommendations for improvement.
- Three strengths of the classroom design based on the categories identified above.
- Why and how you think these recommendations and strengths should be improved.
The Environment Evaluation paper
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one sources in addition to the course text.