Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Forensic science is the application of science to law. In criminal justice, this concept is applied to criminal cases but it also may apply to civil cases that do not have a criminal justice interest. The beginning of forensic science started in the late 1800s, with scientists and criminalists such as Galton, Bertillion, Gross, Locard, Vucetich, Goddard, and Lattes.
Research the following points, and write a 4–6-page paper fully explaining each point:
- Explain the concept of forensic science and its meaning in the criminal justice system.
- What is anthropometry, and why did it fall short of its intended process?
- What area of forensic science is Sir Francis Galton noted for advancing?
- Why is Dr. Edmond Locard known as the Sherlock Holmes of France?
- In 1903, a case of mistaken identity between Will West and William West in the Federal Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kansas resulted in a switch from one method of inmate identification to a method that is still used today. What was it, and why did the switch occur?