Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Requirements and Instructions
In preparation for this assessment, you are required to read the following article:
Dobbs, ME 2014, ‘Guidelines for applying Porters Five Forces Framework: A set of Industry Analysis Templates’, Competitiveness Review, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 32–45. (Copy attached)
Your task is to undertake a strategic planning exercise for your own organisation “Sydney Water”, or for an organisation with which you are familiar. For this assignment, you are required to conduct a detailed assessment of various components of the strategic management process and suggest which business strategy you believe will be the most appropriate for your chosen organisation and explain why.
1. Clearly describe the chosen organisation and industry “Sydney Water”.
2. Identify the company’s key resources and/or capabilities (at least four) and assess the competitive power of each of those resources and/or capabilities using VRIN Test.
3. Analyse its competitive environment using Porter’s Five Forces Framework, assess the nature /strength of the competitive pressures and suggest whether collective strength of the five forces (in your chosen industry) is conducive to good value for the organisation.
The scholarship article by Dobbs (2014), ‘Guidelines for applying Porter’s Five Forces Framework’, provides a comprehensive, structured and practical set of templates that can be used by managers to analyse the competitive environment in their industry.
You must use the templates provided in the scholarship article to strengthen your analysis in this part.
4. Based on your analysis, recommend which of the five generic strategies will be most appropriate for your chosen organisation “Sydney Water” and provide justification for your recommended choice.
5. Critically evaluate the following two components of strategy execution in the specific context of your chosen organisation “Sydney Water” and discuss their appropriateness for the recommended strategy:
o Organisation culture
6. Provide an overall conclusion and recommendations.
• The word count for this assessment is 3000 words (+10%).
• In terms of structure, presentation, and style you are normally required to use:
o Author-date style referencing (which includes in-text citations plus a reference list).
• Reference lists for assignments normally contain the following number of relevant references from different sources: 6–12
• All references must be from credible sources such as books, industry-related journals, magazines, company documents, and recent academic articles.
• Your grade will be adversely affected if your report contains no/poor citations and/or reference list and if the word length is beyond the allowed tolerance level
• Use Modules 6 to 10 as guide in writing this assignment.