Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Define the concept of intercultural communication. Explain what can be learned about intercultural communication by conducting an oral interview.
Define the concept of intercultural communication
1. Create a typed transcript of the following interview (made up of course). The longer the answers, the better.
The interviewer is me, a Filipino female, 35 years old living in San Francisco, California.
The person I’m interviewing is, my “brother-in-law” from the Andhra Culture whom immigrated to the United States 5 years ago. Please reference the attachment, “Initial Draft” as a source for this interview.
When conducting the interview, ask the interviewee at least six questions from this list (in addition to at least three questions you create specifically for your interviewee):
Firstly, how far back in time can the person remember? Further, what is your interviewee’s first childhood memory? (Consider how it reflects the interview subject’s culture or subculture?)
Secondly, what does the person remember of the experience of being an immigrant or a subgroup member in that time?
Thirdly, which impressions or experiences from that time are most vivid to your interviewee today?
The Filipino female interview transcript creation
Fourthly, if your interviewee immigrated to this country, what was the country of origin like in terms of geography, government, transportation, economic system, and education system? If your interviewee was raise d in this country. What were these aspects of life like during childhood?
· What does the person recall of the communication with members of the dominant culture? What barriers to effective communication did your interviewee encounter?
· In the United States today, what is different about your interviewee’s life in terms of language, religion, family customs, diet, recreation, and work, as compared to childhood?
· What role did the news media play in the interview subject’s life and in supporting or contesting the views of the interview subject’s culture? How did the media influence the subject’s individual beliefs and opinions about males and females, masculinity and femininity, and other aspects of gender belief systems and views about race and ethnicity? (Cite specific examples given to you regarding these two specific issues.)
· If your interview subject spoke a different native language, ask your interviewee to discuss differences between that language and English (consider the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis).
· What are some of the most significant differences in day-to-day life in the past versus today?
Click Here To Download
The post Define the concept of intercultural communication appeared first on AssignmentHub.