Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.Free Inquiry Order A Paper Now Cost Estimate
Senior Seminar in Sociology
Assignment 2: Annotated Bibliography (100 pts)
The purpose of this assignment is for students to:
1) to research a topic in Sociology that is of interest to them;
2) continue to master research using the online library resources; and
3) to develop information literacy skills.
Students will develop an Annotated Bibliography based on a topic for the Final Project. A minimum of 5 peer-reviewed sources and 5 popular open-web (peer-reviewed and credible sources; e.g., government) sources will need to be used in the bibliography.
**An annotated bibliography is a list of citations to books, articles, and documents. Each citation is followed by a brief descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation (please do not copy and paste the abstracts). The information must be in your own words (at least 80%; no more than 20% should be quoted).
The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance and quality of the sources cited.
The completed assignment will include:
1) The topic that you chose to investigate for this Final Project. (e.g. bullying, racism, corporal punishment, etc.)
2) List of search terms you used in your searches (i.e. bullying, racism in the US, etc.)
3) Annotated entries for a minimum of 5 peer-reviewed articles and 5 popular and/or open-web sources (see below for what should be included in each entry)
Each source entry should include the following:
1) APA-formatted full reference for the source
2) Brief description of the source (3-5 sentences)
3) Evaluation of where the source came from – i.e. peer-reviewed journal, website, etc.
4) Brief discussion of how the source is relevant to your topic of interest and how it is reflective of the sociological perspective (3-5 sentences)
5) Brief discussion of the source’s strengths and weaknesses (3-5 sentences)
NOTE that the peer reviewed article should have been published in a sociological peer reviewed journal. I recommend that you use the JSTOR database via the APUS Library to identify the peer reviewed article and limit your search by Sociology.
*The submission must be in APA format (cover page, running header, major heading, subheadings, reference list, and in-text citations)
*It should be typed, double-spaced, 1” margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc.
View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment. Click the grid icon at the top of this instruction page, or the grid icon under “View iRubric” on the main Assignments page.
DISCLAIMER: Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
Please use the attachment to tie into the annotated bibliography.